Did you notice that you cannot log out from Facebook Messenger iPhone app as there is no direct option for that? The design of the main Facebook App is like that it does not support sending or receiving of messages. However, users can be seen online and you cannot directly send or even receive the messages through this main Facebook app and for this purpose you need a separate messenger app of Facebook.
To send or receive messages without this Facebook messenger app is impossible now and once you have this app on your phone you will notice no option to log out from messenger directly. There are many people who are using third party apps to get rid of this issue.
Below is a guide on How to Logout from Facebook Messenger iPhone App. This guide works on iPhones and iPads that are running on iOS 11.3 and prior.
Steps to Logout from Facebook Messenger App for iPhone
There are two methods to log out from Facebook messenger app and you will not be seen as online. Many times users are seen as active even if they disable the chat option and that becomes quite irritating.
Now heading towards the two methods that will help you to log out from Facebook messenger app.
Method 1: Using Main Facebook App
- Open the Facebook app and click on More that you will see at the bottom right of the phone’s screen.
- Go to Settings and you will notice a popup.
- Select Account Settings then tap on Security Settings.
- Select Where you’re logged in option.
- There you will have information about all devices and location from where you logged in.
- You will notice an active session called Facebook Messenger on iOS.
- Kill that session and you will successfully be logged out from Facebook Messenger iPhone app.
Method 2: Within Facebook Messenger App
- Open the Facebook Messenger App.
- Tap on the Settings icon then tap on terms of service.
- Scroll down to find the option Data Use Policy. Tap on it
- Tap on the menu bar on the left side and then tap on More Recourses.
- Select the Developer Payment Terms.
- Tap your profile picture at the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select log out from the menu and you are done.
That’s all. Two methods that you can apply to successfully log out from Facebook messenger app on your iPhone. If there is any query regarding the above-mentioned steps feel free to mention that comment section. We will love to help you out.
Till then get full help from this amazing short guide as we will be back soon with another interesting topic to share with you.
To discover more visit Atechguides.