Verizon Online continues to offer its classic web-based e-mail version called Verizon Webmail. With Verizon Webmail, you can still send, receive and manage your emails from anywhere on the Internet. Your webmail account will be displayed with messages from your inbox highlighted on the screen. In the left column you can check your messages, folders, your address book or change your settings.
If you’re a Verizon customer, you can set up your Verizon webmail to be sent to your smartphone, desktop, or email, so you do not always have to log in to the website. Most of us have multiple e-mail addresses for different purposes. If you’re like me, we’ll manage them all in one email client. I use Outlook, but there are many other ways to capture multiple email addresses in one place.
Setting Up Verizon Email On Your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
You can access your Verizon email account from almost any mobile device. If you use Apple products, we’ll explain how to set up Verizon Email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
On the home screen, tap settings. Tap the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab, then Tap Add Account, select Other, and tap Add Mail Account.
Enter your full name in the Name field. This is the name that others will see when you send mail from this account.
Enter your full Verizon email address in the Email field (for example, email@example.com). Most Verizon email end in verizon.net, instead of .com.
Enter your password in the Password field. This is the password assigned to your Verizon username. If you don’t know your username and password, you can retrieve or reset them here.
Change the Description to anything you like, for example, “Verizon.”
Tap Next at the top of your screen. It might take your device a few seconds to verify your email settings. Please wait for this process to finish.
That’s it! If you’re using the latest version of iOS, your Verizon email should be up and running. Open your mail application to send and receive Verizon emails.
But if you’re having problems, try restarting your device, and make sure you have an active data or Wi-Fi connection.
Then go to your home screen and tap Settings, then Mail, Contact, and Calendars, and tap the Verizon Mail tab.
Make sure that these settings, along with your Verizon username and password, appear in the Incoming server and Outgoing mail server boxes. If necessary, touch the fields to correct them.
Note: If you use Verizon Yahoo! Customer, use the settings below. For your username, use your e-mail address without “@ verizon.net”, for example “johnsmith99”.
Tap the Advanced tab. Confirm that these settings appear. Tap the fields to correct them if necessary.
Tap the SMTP tab, the Primary Server tab, and confirm these settings are present
Tap Done, and try checking emails Again
Configure Verizon Webmail On Android
Setting up your Android device with Verizon Webmail is just as easy.
- Open the configuration on your Android device.
- Go to Account and add account.
- Touch E-mail and enter the details of your account.
- Once entered, the e-mail application should automatically download the Verizon e-mail server settings and start working immediately.
- If for some reason you do not do this, select manual configuration and enter the same server details as above.
- Then send a test e-mail for confirmation.
Configure Verizon Webmail On Outlook
While Outlook is just one of the many e-mail applications, it’s the one I have so I can talk to you through the configuration. Others, like Thunderbird, work in the same way, so translating those instructions into your email application should be easy.
- Open Outlook.
- From the Tools menu, choose E-mail Accounts.
- Select Add new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Select POP3 and click Next.
- Complete the Internet e-mail configuration:
- Enter your full name in the field Your name.
- Enter your e-mail address in the E-mail address field.
- Type pop.verizon.net in the Inbox (POP3) box.
- Type smtp.verizon.net in the Outbox (SMTP) box
- In the Username field, enter your Verizon Online username.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Click to select the Save password checkbox.
- Click More Configurations.
- Click the Output Server tab, and then click to select the My Server Exit (SMTP) check box requires authentication.
- Select the same configuration as my inbox server and click OK. Tip: Click Set Up Test Account to verify that you have correctly configured the Verizon email settings.
- Click Next and then Finish to close the window.
If you want to use multiple email applications to access your Verizon account, you must leave the option “Leave a copy of messages on the server” turned on. Otherwise, it will not be available on another device as soon as you read it on a device.
That’s all you need to configure Verizon Webmail. I use the service and in most cases, the automatic configuration worked well. Your email application communicates with Verizon, requests the configuration of the server, and automatically adds it to the configuration. However, if the server is busy or your e-mail application is confused, manual setup takes only a minute, especially now that you have the required server details!
See more from us:How to Easily Search All of Craigslist at Once
For more stuff visit our site atechguides.com and discover what you want.